Laura Johnson, CCC-SLP, BCS-F
I’m Here to Help you Step into the Light.
I am a certified member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and a licensed speech-language pathologist in the state of Wisconsin. I am currently one of only three speech therapists to have achieved national board certification in fluency disorders in Wisconsin.
- Speech Language Pathologist, Madison Metropolitan School District – 2001-2020
- Adjunct Lecturer for Fluency Disorders, University of Wisconsin/Whitewater –
Fall Terms 2015-16
- Adjunct Lecturer for Phonology/Fluency Disorders, University of Wisconsin/Madison, Fall Term 2017 and Fall Term 2018
- Presenter for the Madison School District on Fluency Topics
I have training and experience with the following therapies:
Palin Parent Interaction Therapy
Avoidance Reduction Therapy (ARTS)
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
Licenses and affiliations
- WI Department of Public Instruction
- WI Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Wisconsin Speech Language Hearing Association State Convention (WISHA). (Appleton, 2015 and Green Bay, Feb 2019.)
- Ohio Speech Language Hearing Association State Convention
(Columbus, OH, March 11th, 2016).
- ASHA national conference in (Orlando FL Nov 2014) teaching a short course for how to become an expert in fluency.
Clinical Decision Making in Fluency Disorders Fluency Disorders – Book Review, Journal of Fluency Disorders. Volume 56.
How can we overcome the challenges of providing school-based fluency services? Seminars in Speech and Language, Volume 39, Issue 3. (Co-authored with K.Chmela)
Tues - Thurs: 10am - 6pm
Fridays, evenings and weekends: by appointment
Note: during the Covid-19 Pandemic, all therapy is currently through teletherapy (or virtual) and hours are flexible to your needs. We will update our policy and hours as restrictions ease on social distancing.